Beef Irish Stew
2 1lb Blue Ribbon Foods Stew Beef
5 Pieces Newskies Bacon
1 Blue Ribbon Foods Diced Onions
2 Blue Ribbon Foods Stew Veggies
1 Blue Ribbon Foods Green Peas
2 ½ TBSP Olive Oil
2 tsp Minced Garlic
3 ½ TBSP All Purpose Flour
5 TBSP Tomato Paste
3 Cups Beef Stock
2 Bay Leaves
1 tsp Dried Thyme
1 14.9oz Draft Can of Irish Stout (Guinness)
Option 1 Short Pour Dark Roast K-Cup Coffee
- Thaw meat and veggies in warm water for 5-6 minutes
- Season beef with Salt & Pepper for taste.
- Heat 2 ½ TBSP olive oil prior to browning beef, 2-3 minutes.
- Remove Beef, lower heat and add diced onions, minced garlic and cook until soft for 2 minutes. (Season with Salt for taste)
- Add bacon to veggies and cook until brown 5-7 minutes, slowly add flour mixing thoroughly for about 1 minute.
- Slowly while stirring pour in Irish Stout, stirring well until combined thoroughly. *Also Mix in 2-3 TBSP coffee-if desired.
- Add tomato paste, beef stock, stew veggies, green peas and seasonings-dried thyme and a bay leaves. Once mixed together add browned beef back to mix.
- Bring to a rolling boil, reduce heat to low and cover for 1 ½ hours.
- Stir occasionally, add Salt for taste.