Prep Time: 10 min.
Total time: 10 min.
2 pounds sweet potatoes or yams, peeled, cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick slices, each slice cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch-wide strips
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
1 tablespoon local honey
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Additional olive oil
1. Prepare barbecue (medium heat).
2. Place potatoes in flat cooking sheet.
3. Add 1/4 cup oil, chopped fresh rosemary, brown sugar, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper to potatoes.
4. Sprinkle potatoes with salt and pepper; toss to coat.
5. Brush grill lightly with oil.
6. Place potatoes on grill, spacing about 1 inch apart.
7. Grill until potatoes are tender and slightly charred, turning occasionally, about 10 minutes total.
8. Transfer potatoes to bowl, season to taste with salt and pepper, and serve.