1 ½ c fresh canned pineapple slices
½ cup fresh pineapple juice
¼ cup reduced teriyaki soy sauce
2 Tbsp honey
2 Tbsp rice vinegar
¼ tsp ground ginger
4 – 4 oz (boneless center cut) pork chops, trimmed of fat
1 tsp fresh chives, chopped
1. In a small bowl prepare marinade. Whisk together pineapple juice, teriyaki sauce, honey, rice vinegar and ground ginger.
2. Place pork chops in a large glass container and cover with marinade. Seal container and place pork chops in fridge for 3-4 hours or overnight. If possible, turn bag every hour or so to evenly cover pork chops with marinade.
3. Remove pork chops from bag. DO NOT DISCARD MARINADE.
4. In a small sauce pan over medium heat, bring marinade to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer sauce for 15-17 minutes until sauce thickens, making sure to stir sauce frequently. After sauce has thickened, remove from heat and place in a small dish. You will use this marinade sauce while grilling pork chops and pineapple.
5. Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Lightly coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray.
6. Place pork chops on grill and brush often with marinade sauce while cooking. Cook pork chops on each side for 4-5 minutes or until cooked through.
7. Delicately add pineapple slices to grill and cook for 1-2 minutes on both sides.
8. Let pork chops rest for 2-4 minutes before serving.
9. To serve, place a grilled pineapple slice on top of each pork chop and sprinkle with chives.